1/31/2008

I'm being screwed....

I walked right into this and I knew of it. I got told of a nice addition to the AO I uses, and decided to test it out. Good, but the stuff was no-transfer and based on ZHAO, something is fishy. I came configured with animations, sure one of them are no-transfer, no problems. I open the product and got confused all animations was the usually free ones and transfer. But the scripts, no modify. This have to be an error so I contacted the maker, she calmed i have not bought the scripts just the product. Well she based her product on ZHAO GPL:ed and Then she have to follow GPL.

After some discussion she offered to sell the code top me for 10000 lindens. OMG... I sent her some links and she read them and still don't like to give me access to the product I bought for less that 10000 lindens extra. She is clear violation of the GPL. The GPL v2 (original of the ZHAO) states:

3. You may copy and distribute the Program
(or a work based on it, under Section 2) in
object code or executable form under the terms
of Sections 1 and 2 above provided that you also
do one of the following:

a) Accompany it with the complete corresponding
machine-readable source code, which must be
distributed under the terms of Sections 1 and 2
above on a medium customarily used for software
interchange; or,

b) Accompany it with a written offer, valid for
at least three years, to give any third party,
for a charge no more than your cost of physically
performing source distribution, a complete machine-
readable copy of the corresponding source code, to be
distributed under the terms of Sections 1 and 2
above on a medium customarily used for software
interchange; or,

c) Accompany it with the information you received as
to the offer to distribute corresponding source code.
(This alternative is allowed only for noncommercial
distribution and only if you received the program in
object code or executable form with such an offer,
in accord with Subsection b above.)


Either of these three offers are there. There was no code in the product, if was locked, there was no such offer in the readme file, I only got an offer that she sell me the code for 10000 lindens extra. She now tries to clam her cost for "physically performing source distribution" is 10000 lindens because she refused to do this and this too her so long time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you was told this was crapy product and you STILL go buy it,why?
I bought the "HUDDLES EZ Animator Deluxe" for 1000Ls and never used it, its so stupid your better off with getting the ZHAOII and the chimera.
99% of SL is just re-sell freebies or riped off items, I see that all over and they claim they have made it, it makes me sick.
but I feel your pain, 25000 used on sexgen beds :s

Nadine Nozaki said...

No I was told it had ice additions, i however was a little suspicious about it. Getting if for 10 lindens seamd OK, 10000 is a little more than a AO with out any animations are worth.

In this case she have done the additions I'm sure of it and is breaking the copyright laws. Yes here are many other cases but bering them in the same time as one clams to be giving out open source stuff. It's a little to much for me.